A geometrical, pure form (a cube) was built as a container containing (the sampling of) previous works
produced during the period of 3 months at residency Recyclart.
This object/installation refers to the reserve-storing-archiving of (art-)works, that are highly valued
and reserved for future use. Stacking different artworks (preserving them) together, balanced on one side,
quasi in motion/in progress, the cube tends to fall, but is form-fixed. Every side of the cube presents a different narrative.
Wood as a structural element, artworks as 'content', street-furniture and found objects are multi-laterally equal in this one work.
An all-concealing spatial Dada construction, ode to the Constructivists (see title). When moving the positioning of the cube, the (outlook of the) work will change as a result of the (re-)use of different media (lightbox, textures, materials, moving LED-letters..)
>> used objects:
* moving LED ("Hail the Constructivists, too much curators, too less art (sic).
Because there’s never gonna be enough space…’") by LHYJ; oneliners, fast, direct pieces of manifesto.
* World Without Strangers-lightbox by RH
* GLÄSO, pieces of previous sculpture/project by WVB
* Special Offer-tape bought in Guangzhou, used and presented as sculpture/art by WVB
* Triptych of curtains, "schoon motiefke" by LHYJ,
* found objects: street-pole/- fence (thanks to the city of Brussels)
In it's multitude the entire cube/object presents itself -again- as an installation that is one work (on itself),taking three artists and their preconceptions into account. A new diversified and all-concealing work rather than three different and separate works and visions....
A replica of Sample Box is installed at Chinese Restaurant, Lam & Yin, Reyndersstraat 17, Antwerp 2000 (B)